Friday, December 31, 2010

Here's to the New Year

I know it's kind of lame to do this, but come on, it's New Year's Eve. I'll only get this chance once a year. And we all know I'll do anything to make a list out of something. This year, to sound as less cheesy as possible, has been one of the best, literally. So here it is, a list of everything great that has happened to me in the year of 2010:

1. It's really no surprise that The Fluff War would be number one. But REALLY, why wouldn't you put this great war at the top of the list? I just never thought that sticking a broken jar of fluff in someones mailbox would suck me into this thing. It started as just a small strife where we delivered the jar to the other team, but now we're building things and making plans that need to have back-up plans and we have traitors and teachers that want to know what we're gonna do next. This reminds me, I need to do a fluff update.

2. Is it lame to put my friends as number two? Oh well, it's the truth. Becoming friends with Mallory and Taylor was probably one of the coolest things to happen to me. WOW, that sounded lame. But I remember the day Taylor and I became best friends. We were driving home from Elizabeth's Pizza and we had just shared secrets. I believe April 10 will be our one year anniversary of meeting each other. She stole my hoodie the first day I met her and we played Red Rover with about 20 other people. Sometimes she's my therapist and sometimes she's annoying the hell out of me. Together we go see crappy movies, get lost in Horneytown, go see Tyler Hilton, and about a million other things that are too much to name. Now I must speak about the ginger that brightens up my day. Joke. I secretly hate her. I can't remember the day we became best friends, but I feel like it was in the Creekside Parking lot. She's my Algebra buddy, my teammate, my Taco Bell friend. She spends more time at my house than her own. She made me obsessed with comics and I made her fall in love with One Tree Hill. Bob Lablaw was our first inside joke. Barnes & Noble, angry black chick, floating cars, fluff, Taco Bell, and watching movie trailers but never going to see the actual movie is our whole friendship. And this summer, WE WILL GO TO BREVARD!

3. Fables. If you don't read comic books and have no desire to ever pick this one up then I suggest you just keep scrolling down. Mallory let me borrow this comic a few months back and I instantly fell in love with it. It's basically all your favorite fables (Snow White, Big Bad Wolf, Prince Charming, Cinderella, Boy Blue) mixed into the rest of the world and kicking ass. This book is the reason why I love comics now. So thanks, Mallory.

4. Is it really no surprise that Nicole's name would be on here? It sounds creepy to say that you're one of the best things that's happened to me this year. But you're kind of the coolest person I've met without actually meeting you. Really I only put you on this list so someone would talk to me. But ONE DAY we will have a naked fairy bathroom together.

5. This one's kind of cheating since I started watching this show in 2009. But One Tree Hill is really the greatest show on television. That might be a lie, but who cares. If it wasn't for this show there would be very little music on my iPod. Really, the music is THAT good. If I had never started watching this show I wouldn't have Tyler Hilton, James Lafferty, Damien Rice, or The Get Up Kids in my life.

6. Fight Club. Greatest. Movie. Ever.

7. November 3, 2010 is still the greatest day of my life. Why? TYLER HILTON IS WHY! To not sound like a creepy fan is about impossible right now. I HUGGED HIM FOR GODS SAKE! And I did embarrass myself when the strange noise left my mouth whenever I shook his hand. Though he did think I was badass when I showed him the list of songs I sent Taylor everyday before the concert. TYLER HILTON THINKS I'M BADASS. And besides, how do you not love that face, Nicole? 8. Looking for Alaska. Really I should just leave you that title and let you figure it out on your own. But I can't and here's why. If you've never read this book then you're totally missing out on a little thing called life. I'm not saying all of this because it's my favorite book or because I want you to see it like I do. I'm telling you this because this book is about life, and death, and friendship, and all the things that can happen to us in such a short life. When I read this book I can see the expressions and bufriedos and the cigarette between the fingers of a girl who's too damaged to realize it. I see a boy who struggles to accept his feelings for the girl who doesn't love him back and tries to find the answers in something we've all forgotten about: religion. I see two friends coping with a great loss and questions that seemed to never be answered. I see the intensity behind each prank they pull and how the plan for the greatest prank ever is the only thing that makes sense to them. John Green is a mastermind because only this man could put together tragedy and humor on the same page. Really, if you haven't read this book you certainly should.

9. I've said this before, but if you STILL haven't heard of James Lafferty you're dead to me. I mean, just look at this man:10. Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said the Last Time I Saw You by WAKEY!WAKEY! Possibly the longest title for an album ever, but still a great album. I was with Mallory when I spent my gas money on this album in a city thirty minutes away from home. We thankfully didn't break down and get mugged. Buying this album was probably the greatest thing I ever did. Have you ever seen a CD in a store and want it so bad that you can't stop thinking about no matter how far you walk away from it? Yeah, that's how I feel about this album. Two more things I love about this band is that the lead singer was on One Tree Hill and his last name is Grubbs.

11. My furry mountain hat. It's probably made me the coolest kid in school...lie.

12. CAMILLLLLAAA. It only makes sense to Mallory.

Well, there you have it folks. The 12 things that has made 2010 truly great. Oh, and this video.

Predictions for next year?

  1. Eat Taco Bell
  2. Not fail at life (that one might be difficult)
  3. Take mini road trips.
  4. BE A SENIOR
  5. Eat more Taco Bell.

5 comments:

  1. <3333333333333333333

    I want me some James Lafferty!
    Btw you're ALSO the coolest person I've ever not met. May 2011 bring our internet friendship much bliss!

    ALSO, do you mind if I steal this and do it on my own blog?

    AND ONE MORE THING, I think this is your absolute best written post ever. I loved it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go right ahead and steal away. And thank you, I put a lot of work into it.

    2011 will be SHWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that your a One Tree Hill Fan. I used to be a fan too, but the show has changed so dramatically! I miss the show when it had the original cast. Now its just....crap. My favorite episodes were when they had psycho Derek. ;-D Who was totally HOT.

    Btw I think you are a great writer. I love your blog!I would like to present to you the Stylish Blogger award. Check out my blog for more details. If you've already gotten one, then make room for a second one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!

    Yeah the show has gotten kind of stupid, but I only watch it for James Lafferty now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bufriedos.

    The CD:
    When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right
    ...by Fiona Apple is cool.

    ReplyDelete