Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Chloe is Dead?

WHERE THE HELL IS CHLOE?
Yeah, her face is really in there somewhere

First of all, let's have a proper introduction. My name is Mallory and I'm filling in for Chloe. Currently, I am a junior in high school, and a carhop at 'Sonic Drive-In', as well as a BAMF. When I'm not badassmotherfucking I like to sulk in my room and write poetry.

That last one was a lie.

As the wonderful Taylor Doyle explained, Chloe is SUPPOSED (She cheats. Oops, the jig is up) to be absent of technological luxuries this week.

So she left it up to Taylor and I to pick up the slack. Here goes something:

You may have heard in the news recently that many celebrities are 'digitally dead' to support AIDS awareness and raise money for those struggling with the disease. I thought it was cool that this tied in with Chloe being technologyless and it'd be a great topic for my big debut. While the million dollar goal for celebrities has already been reached there are still many people that need help.

Here's a quote from the Keep a Child alive website:

"There is a profound difference between living and life. Living may extend time for another day. But life is far more than sleeping and waking. Life is more than merely existing. And, although it would be easier, life cannot be bought in a pill."

At the end of 2009 an estimated 2.3 million CHILDREN in Africa
were living with AIDS. That's more than the entire population in Houston,
Texas.

If you'd like you can donate at Buylife.org. If you'd like to read more on the subject visit Keepachildalive.org. And in case you're curious you can find AIDS statistics here.

I promise Chloe will be back soon and you'll no longer have to read my 'serious topic' posts.

And props to Alex for editing Chloe's face into the Where's Waldo puzzle.

2 comments:

  1. Is her face coming out of a roof window on the left?! And Mallory, tell Chloe I miss her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, clever...found it LOL
    Thanks Nicole :P

    http://astheworldchanges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete