Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It's Just a Little Obsession

I seem to be posting a lot lately. That's OK, because this one is actually important. Why you ask? BECAUSE I'M GOING TO SEE TYLER HILTON TONIGHT!

Oh...still don't know him? Then lets get serious and I'll explain this wonderful man to you.

Tyler Hilton is one of the greatest artist you'll ever hear. And you've most likely never heard of him. You'll probably never hear him on the radio or see his albums in stores. He'll never be A-list famous or be the star in an Oscar winning movie. And what's great is that he's perfectly fine with that.

If you watch One Tree Hill you might remember Tyler as Chris Keller. This is where I first saw him and since then I've been in love. He went from Tree Hill to playing Elvis in Walk the Line and the punk in Charlie Bartlett all while coming out with an amazing album. If you still can't recognize him, he was in Taylor Swift's Teardrops on my Guitar video. Since then he's taken a break from acting and is getting ready to release his new album, The Storms We Share, coming out sometime this fall. To say that I'm ecstatic would be an understatement. I can't explain how much I love this dude. I should just stop here and let you figure out why this guy is so great to me, but I feel like I need to defend him and fully explain it to you.

His voice is raw and when you see him perform you can tell that he loves what he's doing. He takes time to get know his fans and he just seems like a nice guy. He's pop music and he's not afraid to admit it. His songs are about real and inspiring and heartbreaking things all in the same song. There's nothing fake about him. When he's on stage it's just him and his guitar as he sings his heart out to hundreds of fans. There's no great story to how he got to where he is today. He was just a seventeen year old kid that had his fifteen minutes on a radio show.


He covers Bob Dylan's Boots of Spanish Leather and usually I would say no one can cover a Dylan song as good as the original, but when I heard Tyler's version I thought it was honestly better. I saw more emotion in it and passion. His cover of Tom Petty's Won't Back Down isn't bad either.

I'm only trying to spread the love. Here are some other covers and his own songs:

Missing You
You'll Ask For Me
Stay
Sunset Blvd.
When It Comes

At the risk of sounding like a total psycho, Tyler Hilton is fantastic. Here's a guy with real passion and talent for his music. He'll never get the recognition he deserves and that's just really sad.

8 comments:

  1. ARE YOU SEEING HIM IN CONCERT WITH JOSIAH LEMING?! because josiah leming is the man of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'M GOOING TONIGHT! I SAW THAT YOU LIKED HIM AND WANTED YOU TO TELL YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got really excited writing these sentances and completely worded everything wrong. You get the point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAH! please please tell me how it is and tell josiah i love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I jjustust filmed you a video of him just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chloe, I could kiss you right now. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutly not. Cause I would probably punch you in the face if it was you seeing Tyler Hilton and not me. Is that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely not. It's completely justifiable! Upload the video PLEAAASEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete